What are Note Links?
Note Links are a neat way of connecting your Evernote notes into useful structures such as contents pages and clickable lists of notes.
Why Note Links useful
Basically, you are creating a clickable link to a note in your Evernote account. What makes them really useful is that they can be used anywhere, not just in Evernote. You can add them to emails, Google docs, web pages and more. All you need to do is make sure the note is shared with the intended recipient.
How to create a Note Link
*Note Links must be created from your desktop version of Evernote, although they can be accessed from anywhere.
Creating a note link is easy:
- Right click on your desired note and choose ‘Copy Note Link’ from the pop up menu. This copies the note address to your clip board – ready to be pasted any where.
- Now paste it where you need it.
Here are some ideas:
- calendar event invite for clients
- Desk top post-its To Do list
- Evernote Wish List note
- Create a list of all notes for a research project
- Create a Table of Contents by selecting multiple notes and choosing ‘Create Table of Contents Note’
Evernote Power User Series
This is the second in a series of articles designed to enhance your Evernote experience.
You can also read last week’s tip : How to email content to your Evernote account.
Did that help?
If you found this tip useful, please comment, Like or Share with your networks.
Do you have other Evernote questions?
If you are looking for further productivity tips for Evernote, or any web tool – please request an article via the Comments below.